Episode 24: TranscriptDecember 19, 2019
Happy Holidays!December 22, 2019
Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- The magnificent plot: the search for answers is a thread throughout this movie
- Learn why Adina loves this movie and its relevance in the recovery space
- How do we sit with change
- What Adina thinks is the most beautiful part of the movie
- Adina shares an example from her own life on how she never really fit in within her Catholic upbringing
- The great divide between science and faith as seen in the relationship between Ellie and Palmer
- The Occam’s Razor principle
- What Adina learned watching it now vs. when she first saw it in her 20s
- The questions that started this podcast and how the movie in a very real way “answers” these questions of what it means to be an Atheist and what it means to take these great leaps of faith
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.
- Download a transcript here.
- [Some of the links mentioned above are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.]