Quote of The Day: welcome them in.March 1, 2020
Quote of The DayMarch 8, 2020
Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How hearing a sermon in a church led Peter to “wake up” and start to heal the suffering within
- How his Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. household normalized alcohol use
- What led Peter to get “interventioned” at work
- Why Peter found SMART recovery early on in his recovery and how it helped him
- What is SMART ‘s 4-point program
- Learn a few SMART recovery tools: for example, “ABC” tool
- How mindfulness works to challenge our automatic belief system
- What we need to do to release our stories (our past trauma)
- What makes SMART different is focusing on the internal locus of control
- How Peter uses his spirituality in his recovery and focusing on possibilities instead of challenges
- What the Oscar Wilde quote says that helps Peter get through the “heavy spaces” in recovery
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.