Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How hearing a sermon in a church led Peter to “wake up” and start to heal the suffering within
- How his Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr. household normalized alcohol use
- What led Peter to get “interventioned” at work
- Why Peter found SMART recovery early on in his recovery and how it helped him
- What is SMART ‘s 4-point program
- Learn a few SMART recovery tools: for example, “ABC” tool
- How mindfulness works to challenge our automatic belief system
- What we need to do to release our stories (our past trauma)
- What makes SMART different is focusing on the internal locus of control
- How Peter uses his spirituality in his recovery and focusing on possibilities instead of challenges
- What the Oscar Wilde quote says that helps Peter get through the “heavy spaces” in recovery
- David Kessler
- Smart Recovery South Dakota Facebook Page
- A.I.R. Private Facebook Group
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.