Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Brandon self-identifies as a cultural ethnic Jew and as he has aged- a focus on spirituality
- What is Recovery Related Use of Online Technology (R.O.O.T)
- Why Brandon feels recovery is a fundamentally social process
- What is the difference between general interest sites vs. recovery interest sites (e.g. In The Rooms; Sober Grid)
- That online technology is not only for emerging adults but for middle adulthood and mature adults
- Individuals in a lower socioeconomic status are more likely to use R.O.O.T than those of higher socioeconomic lines
- What are the benefits of using R.O.O.T (and the challenges)
- What can you do as a participant to get the most out of online recovery communities
- Brandon talks about the benefits of listening with intent during social isolation
- Expanding the reach of alcohol and other drug services: Prevalence and correlates of US adult engagement with online technology to address substance problems
- Connections App
- Prescription Digital Therapeutic to Help Treat OUD & SUD | reSET-O & reSET
- Recovery Research Institute
- A.I.R. Private Facebook Group
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.