Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Learn what comes up for Edie when remembering the first time she watched Star Wars as a child
- Learn how Edie’s religious upbringing shaped her identity and how those beliefs influenced who she is today
- What Edie does or rather does not tell people about spirituality
- Why she thinks prayer is “portable” and what the shared force is when sharing intention together
- What Reiki is and how it relates to the force
- What would you do if you had your Jedi powers?
- How do you accept your Darth Vader and your Luke Skywalker and the interplay between good vs. evil
- How Yoda (the present time therapist) can help you sit with these uncomfortable feelings just like how he helped Luke
- Forgiveness. How can you do evil things and still have this self-forgiveness
- How Edie struggles in recovery and how letting go (of past hurts) helps us move forward and evolve
- The hero’s journey
- What are Edie and Adina’s favorite parts of the Star Wars movie(s)
- The questions that started this podcast and how the movie in a very real way “answers” these questions of what it means to be an Atheist and what it means to take these great leaps of faith
- [email protected]
- A.I.R. Private Facebook Group
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Download a transcript here.
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.