Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How Lisa never quite bought “the story” (in Catholicism)
- Why Lisa felt the Universe was “out to get me”
- What it was like living in the Middle East and going through a divorce
- How cinema influenced Lisa’s early substance use
- How Lisa feels Addiction Memoir is like going to a well-curated meeting
- How these books are not linear but rather a journey and the end is not neat and tidy
- What Lisa loves about these books that have helped with her recovery
- How storytelling formed the basis for Lisa’s recovery
- Why Lisa feels humility (as known in recovery circles) smacks of humiliation
- How being able to understand the self as a story was a game changer
- What Lisa recommends as the first step to begin the addiction memoir journey
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on ITUNES
[Some of the links mentioned above are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.]