Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Why Robert considers himself a Christo-Buddhist
- How Tibetan Buddhism led him down a certain path for 15 years
- How the Dalai Lama led him towards seeing Christ as a bodhisattva
- How we numb out the pain and shame at the risk of ever feeling happiness
- Why Robert thinks the “what is your drug of choice” question is ridiculous
- How to differentiate between mindfulness and meditation
- How mindfulness trains the brain to slow it down and not react to past trauma or bodily sensations
- Why Robert feels treating the trauma instead of the addiction is the right approach
- Learn a few mindfulness tools for our tool box
- How mindfulness leads to meditation
- What does brokenness do for our life
- The connection between mindfulness and Rumi’s poem, The Guest House
- Why a regular mindfulness practice is so important to one’s recovery
- Brene Brown Talks About Numbing Out
- Waking The Tiger
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- [email protected]
- A.I.R. Private Facebook Group
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.