#AwarenessMarch 29, 2020
Quote of The Day: incredibleApril 5, 2020
Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Catherine talks about faith and religion as being a big part of her childhood in Northern Ireland but how she never felt the need to “revisit it” until recovery
- As a self-identified Atheist, why Catherine felt she was “doing it wrong” in recovery
- What Catherine says to individuals who criticize her lack of a higher power
- How Catherine arrived at the decision to finally stop drinking
- What AA has to do with Catherine’s sobriety date
- What were Catherine’s early recovery days like and why she considered early recovery “a second job”
- How she found her sober community online 6 years ago and what that means for us navigating our current self-isolation days
- What recovery looks like for Catherine right now
- How perspective surrounding recovery and emotion can look different when one has several months in.
- What Catherine’s message is to Atheists in recovery
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.