Quote of The Day: let’s take care of each otherApril 12, 2020
#QuestionApril 19, 2020
Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Laura talks about her upbringing abroad as a secular and cultural Jew and how that helped form her identity
- She also talks about her underlying mental health issues growing up and felt “ostracized” in many circles which led her to start drinking
- Laura shared that her “lack of commitment” to a healthier way of living kept her in a cycle of starting and stopping drinking
- Laura talks about what her personalized approach to recovery looks like
- What were Laura’s early struggles re: AA (although she will refer to it as a viable “option” in recovery)
- What is the Sobriety Collective and how does it help people
- Why Laura focused the Sobriety Collective on building a resource around creativity and creative people, and living in recovery, out loud
- How Laura copes with the isolation and loneliness as a result of sheltering in place
- What mantra’s Laura uses to cope with her mental and emotional health
- What Laura’s message is to the A.I.R. community
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.