Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How Dr. Tarman’s early spiritual background in the convent for mothers and children in Germany impacted her sense of self
- How Dr. Tarman would ask questions about God and the rituals behind it but saw the power of it both good and bad.
- Why Dr. Tarman found it interesting that there is something very powerful about human nature seeming to need group connection and a belief in something
- How Dr. Tarman feels about her spirituality today and how it’s ever evolving
- Why she finds agnostics to be more spiritual than people who have the answers
- What she finds interesting about 12 step work: The higher power of your own understanding and why that is the magic of recovery and of a good life
- What Phil Werdell and Dr. Tarman found to backup their theory of food addiction and how clinicians turn their back on this idea
- Why the book was meant to break the barrier of thinking about food as an addiction
- What Dr. Tarman feels is the hardest hurdle to jump when addressing the addiction
- How Dr. Tarman teaches Step 2 of AA in class
- Dr. Tarman breaks down the neurobiology of addiction (adina’s fav. part)!
- What is Insulin resistance and how Dr. Tarman compares it to addiction
- Dr. Tarman talks about treatment and what’s next after you identify your food addiction
- Dr. Tarman’s message of hope to people struggling with food addiction
- Food Junkies: The Truth About Food Addiction
- Sugar Free for Life: I’m Sweet Enough Closed Facebook Group
- Addictions Unplugged
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on ITUNES
[Some of the links mentioned above are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.]