Give Thanks Every DayDecember 1, 2019
Quote of The Day: confidenceDecember 8, 2019
Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Episode 22 starts our December series, Movies That Move Us.
- Learn why Adina loves this movie and its relevance in the recovery space
- Learn what it means to be codependent
- The movie portrayed the subtle way drinking goes from being “fun” to more of a progressive disorder in which shame and fear are ubiquitous
- Learn what Adina thinks is the most pivotal part of the story of Michael and Alice’s relationship and how this movie is more about the Man than the Woman
- Discover what role Al-anon (or family education programs) plays in familial recovery
- The final scene of the movie gives us a nice peak into alcoholism in the family
- Why we may need to work on ourselves apart from the person that’s keeping you stuck and how to stop that cycle
- Identify your role in the family of addiction and how you can heal
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovey.