Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- Learn how Dorri’s first “God” or higher power was Jimi Hendrix
- How the Nazi Holocaust is a thread throughout Dorri’s life
- How her father’s stolen Nazi Dagger became part of Dorri’s suicide plan
- Dorri learned about escape from a childhood game in 5th grade
- What the book Go Ask Alice had to do with Dorri’s story
- How art informed Dorri’s recovery after she woke up from a black out
- Dorri would romanticize drugs and how it made her feel like she “was somebody”
- What Dorri feels are the positive aspects of AA
- How she rationalized her drug/alcohol use and continued to use while going to 12-step meetings
- What she thinks about “the God within” in Buddhism
- What she considers her “God” to be now
- How Dorri’s AA sponsor of 31 years has helped her through the traumatic events in her life and why she still talks to her today
- What behavioral skill her sponsor has taught her that has helped with depression
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.