Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How Liv used food to deal with a difficult (traumatic) childhood
- What Liv says about cravings and how to view cravings as an “unmet need”
- When and how Liv’s spiritual journey evolved
- What she looks for in her Spiritual leaders
- Although not anti-AA, Liv feels we should trust ourselves and feels YOU are the best person to direct your life
- What the prayer and meditation step is-step 11 and what Liv would add to it
- Liv found recovery first and then her spirituality
- How Liv’s current depressive state is a good example of holistic approach to recovery
- How Liv’s spirituality has helped give her many things (e.g. ritual and meaning)
- How Liv’s writing has informed her recovery
- The process non-writers can get started with for writing about one’s recovery journey
- What is “AA Fragility?”
- What Liv’s recovery looks like now
- Trauma and the 12 Steps: A Complete Guide for Enhancing Recovery
- Don’t Just Sit There!:44 Insights to Get Your Meditation Practice off The Cushion and Into The Real World
- Holy Whitaker’s book, Quit Like A Woman
- Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Livsrecoverykitchen.com (website)
- [email protected] (email)
- A.I.R. Private Facebook Group
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.
- [Some of the links mentioned above are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.]