Welcome to today’s show!
WHAT WE’LL LEARN:
- How Bari didn’t feel a connection to God in her religious upbringing
- Why Bari felt this “unsettled” feeling throughout her life and how this led to her addictions
- How she found herself living on 700 calories per day
- What Bari’s high school health class had to do with her Bulimia
- How Bari found her “people” in a mutual support group
- Why eliminating Sugar, Flour, and Wheat made Bari miserable and seek alternative recovery options
- How Bari found this “new” experience and depth when re-working the 12 steps
- What Bari does to find this depth in the 12 steps.
- The questions she asks to deepen her understanding of a power greater than herself
- What is “spiritual malady”
- To her surprise, learn why Bari’s intellect could not apply to “fix” this problem of addiction
- Why she feels strongly about not letting someone else read the Big Book for her
- What Bari’s recovery looks like now
For more info, head over to atheistsinrecovery.com and subscribe to our email list. And thank you for listening!
- Leave an honest review on ITUNES. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the A.I.R. newsletter where you will learn to identify patterns of dysfunctional thinking, change the dysfunctional thinking into something more positive, and find hope in recovery.